- The ruins of the Poenari Fortress of Vlad Țepeș. You can walk 15 minutes to the fortress, there are about 1,500 steps to climb through the woods, up there you can discover a fantastic unforgettable view.
- Vidraru Dam, with Vidraru Lake, is at 8 km away (15 minutes by car) – you can take a tour of the lake or hiking.
- Bâlea Lake and Bâlea Falls are 50 km away, about one hour by car, but beware of those who have a car sick because there are many car corners on road over the mountain.
If you pass the mountain on the other side, on Transfăgărășan, you will reach Sibiu.
- Curtea de Argeș is 23 km away (20 minutes by car). Here you can visit the Curtea de Argeș Monastery, where the graves of the Royal Family – Queen Ana and King Mihai are located.
- You can also visit the Royal Church of St. Nicholas, dating from the 13th century and replaced in 1352 by a founding of Basarab I.
- We recommend you the Restaurant “La Cetate” – you take on the right side when you get on the main road to Poienari Fortress (10 min walk.
- For hikking information, you can also see this link.